Stay fit with online classes
Online Personal Training
Contact by email to learn more
Chiropractic is open to emergent and acute cases
COVID-19 Procedure Q&A
Why have our policies changed?
Your health is our priority. We have developed policy based on the gravity of the global pandemic and all appropriate health agency and government recommendations.
What is the big deal with COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a global pandemic, the likes of which we haven’t seen for 100 years. It has shown to be catastrophic in other countries leaving the healthcare system in shambles.
What are we doing differently?
- Asking prescreening questions prior to your appointment
- Having clients wait in their vehicles prior to appointment times
- Anything that cannot be sanitized has been removed from client areas. Pillows, curtains, etc.
- Asking clients sanitize prior to entering our facility
- Clients will go directly to treatment room and leave immediately after
- Therapists are wearing Personal Protective Equipment while providing client care
- Clients will be wearing cloth masks during treatment
- Extensive sanitization protocols, extra time between appointments added
- Payment and rebooking done remotely
- Monitoring reliable, authoritative COVID-19 recommendations from government, WHO, AHS
- All clients must sign a COVID-19 waiver
Why do I have to sign an additional waiver for COVID-19
Although we try to be a leader in our safety policies, this is a necessary step to protect our clinic and practitioners during this uncertain time.
What are our screening questions?
Have you been out of the country/travelling in the last 14 days?
Have you been in contact with anyone that has traveled in the last 14 days?
Do you have any symptoms of illness, cough/cold/flu/fever?
Have you been in contact with anyone that has been ill in the last 14 days?
- First responders without appropriate PPE
Have you been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19?
Are you a caregiver for anyone immunocompromised or over 65?
Are you ill in any way? Have you been in contact with anyone that has been ill in any way?
Why is my appointment cancelled if I am 5 minutes late?
A global pandemic necessitates a change of policy. The extra time required for sanitization now means if you are late you are impeding our efforts to maintain our disinfecting standards between patients.
Should I still attend appointments consistently?
Yes. Although we need to be vigilant during this strange time, your other healthcare needs continue to be important. The healthier we all remain, the better we can deal with the hard times ahead.
What if I have symptoms of illness?
Stay home, be well. Even if you don’t believe you have COVID-19 our best chance at preventing transmission is to approach every ill patient as though they may.
Why are we having clients wait in their vehicle until their scheduled appointment?
Every government and health care authority is recommending physical distancing of at least 2 meters. This rule helps us enforce that and allows for disinfecting between clients.
Why are we still open?
Your health is our priority. We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic does not eliminate your other health care needs. It is important for us to continue to manage peoples health where possible to limit unnecessary visits to emergency departments. Our clinic is small, with limited traffic, and stringent disinfection we believe we can minimize risk.
Why is our fitness side closed?
COVID-19 is highly transmissible from aerosolized particles. More forceful exhalation and larger lung volumes contribute to increased aerosolization. Additionally, to limit fomite (disease carrying items) spreading COVID-19 from multiple persons touching exercise equipment. Combined with the 72+ hours COVID-19 can live on surfaces, the risk outweigh the benefits.
Why are we wearing Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) while treating clients?
To keep you and us safer. Wearing a mask limits the spread of aerosolized germs. Gloves minimize transmission of particles from touch. COVID-19 can live on surfaces 72+ hrs, depending on the surface. Safety glasses prevent you from touching your eyes and prevents any aerosolized particles from contacting the mucus membranes of the eyes. COVID-19 is primarily droplet precautions, however certain situations can create aerosolization which makes airborne precautions necessary.
Why are we having clients to mask up?
Wearing a mask protects others against your aerosolized particles. If we are both wearing masks then the risk significantly decreases.
- Health Services: Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Neurofeedback, Nutrition, Personal Training.
- Group Fitness/Yoga classes: HIIT classes, TRX, Low Impact, Yin, Vinyasa
- Events/Workshops: fun and interactive events and monthly education nights.